2 Months of Happiness

Kurt and I just celebrated the first 2 months of being sealed for time and all eternity, and we have loved every minute of learning and growing together as a couple.  To celebrate, we went and saw Comedy Sportz (thanks to Kurt's brother-in-law, Will!) and we had a blast! I had never been before, so I was definitely excited to go.  For those of you who don't know, Comedy Sportz is a stand-up comedy club down on Provo Center Street.  There are 6 comedians, split up into 2 teams of 3, and a referee.  Each team of comedians challenges the other team to different types of comedy skits, comedy songs, and much more.  Based on how the audience votes, the team who the audience thinks did the best, wins that round.  The comedy is clean, which Kurt and I are definitely fans of.  We were actually able to contibute to one of the skits.  The comedians asked for 2 phones, and for the owners of the phones to pick a text conversation in their phone for the comedian to read.  The 2 comedians have to only use lines from the text conversation from the phone they have been given.  Kurt was very brave and gave his phone to one of the comedians!  As odd as it sounds, it was SO funny! We couldn't stop laughing.  It was a great way to celebrate our first 2 months of happiness :)  After that, Kurt took me to Sammy's and we shared a pie shake.  I LOVE PIE SHAKES.  It's pretty much a milkshake, but they blend in a slice of pie, or cobler, or cheesecake. It's delicious!  It was the perfect way to end the night.
My sister, Christine, has been staying with us for the past few days, and will be with us for about a week.  Friday night, we were able to play a little family game of Scrabble.  My family has a weird love of word games.  Kurt has grown to love them too...or at least I hope he has (he doesn't win very often, so he may not have...).  But, long story short, I won with a grand total of 173 points.  If it weren't for the word "QUO" with my Q (worth 10 points) on a triple letter score, I probably wouldn't have won, but I won fair and square.  Kurt wants to play again so he can try to win.  We'll see about that.
If any of you have seen my facebook (which I'm assuming many of you have), you've probably noticed that Kurt and I received our wedding pictures.  Blake Grimmer did an AMAZING job.  I've always loved his work, so I was very excited when he accepted to be our wedding photographer.  He was tons of fun to work with, was very professional, but still relaxed at the same time.  He totally fit our personalities and we couldn't be happier with the way the photos turned out.  Here's a couple of pictures from the MANY that we have.  Some of these aren't posted on Facebook, so it's the first time some of these pictures have been seen by the public.  We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Seeing my twin sister after walking out of the temple.
Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Witt!
The Witt Family

Los Angeles LDS Temple
I have the sweetest husband.

Stearn's Wharf, Santa Barbara, California | This is where Kurt and I went on our first date.


Walking along the beach.

Santa Barbara Mission, Santa Barbara, California.

This is one of my FAVORITE wedding reception decorations.  We had the timeline of our relationship written in vinyl on a chalkboard.  I am obsessed with this.  It's going to be hung in our apartment sometime in the near future.

Kissing Booth
Having a Kissing Booth was actually Kurt's idea.  He and some wonderful friends built it, while a friend, my mom, and I painted it.  I love how it turned out! We had a polaroid camera at the kissing booth and wedding guests were able to take pictures of each other and take them home.

I LOVED my wedding dress, and Kurt looked so handsome in his suit.  This is one of my favorite pictures of us.  I have the best looking husband, that's for sure :)

First dance with the love of my life.


Father-Daughter dance.  My dad means the world to me.  I'm so happy he was there for Kurt and me on our special day. He has always been so supportive, and has always been there for me, and for Kurt.  Love you, Dad!

Tucker's Grove, Santa Barbara, California


I have the most AMAZING in-laws.
Saying goodbye to my sisters and my mom was probably the hardest part of the day.  I am so grateful for my sister and my wonderful mother for being so amazing, and for helping the wedding plans come together, and for everything they've done for me.  I really do have the greatest family.



We were also featured on the Santa Barbara Wedding Blog on June 21st.  It's quite exciting to see our wedding pictures show up places, and it's even more exciting that our wedding photographer is getting so much publicity.  We love it!

Link to Santa Barbara Wedding Blog
Link to Blake Grimmer Photo

All in all, these past two months have FLOWN BY.  I can hardly believe that I was marrying the man of my dreams just 8 weeks ago.  It already feels so much longer than that.  Two months down, eternity to go. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment