25 & 26 Weeks

25 WEEKS






Size: Cauliflower {13" long} (I feel like any time after 20 weeks, these things can be really inaccurate)

Gender: Still haven't made it public news, but I was able to tell my family while I was in Portland, Oregon.  It feels good to have told my family.  I'm currently working on how to tell Kurt's family within the next week.


Baby Names?: We think we are going to stick to the one that we came up with.  We love using it but still don't use it too often.  I'm pretty sure we'll end up calling our baby "Peanut" more often anyways haha!

Cravings: Sour candy.  I took some candy to Portland just in case I got the major cravings for it.  Unfortunately, I ate it all on my flight to PDX.  But it tasted sooooo good.

Aversions: Ethnic food.  I know that sounds so weird, but there are so many incredible places to eat in Portland and none of them were super appealing.  But I had the best pizza, donuts, grilled cheese sandwich, and more while I was there.

Symptoms: Lots of aches and pains and swelling.  We walked a lot while in Portland and I was so unbelievably exhausted and my back would hurt like crazy.  Fortunately, I was able to make it through the weekend and I had a family who didn't try to push me too hard.


Movement: SO MUCH.  Especially during my flights.  There were times I would look at my stomach and Peanut was going crazy!

Nausea/Sickness: None!

Sleep: I slept really well, which was super helpful when it came to long days in Portland full of activities.


Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans have saved the day on multiple occasions.  I can still wear most of my wardrobe from prepregnancy, but everything it getting a little tight haha.

Wedding Ring On or Off?: Off for most of the week because I didn't want to risk my fingers swelling on the plane and me not being able to get my ring off!


Best Moment of the Week: Being in Portland.  I had such a good time there seeing my family and going around the city where my twin sister and her husband live.  We had a lot of fun adventuring around the city.


Worst Moment of the Week: Being away from Kurt.  He was the only family member that wasn't there, which was really hard at times.  But I'm so grateful that he was so supportive of me going on a little vacation.

Looking Forward To: Seeing my husband! I've absolutely loved being in Lake Oswego & Portland, but I definitely missed Kurt.  Also, I'm working quite a bit next week and I'm really happy about that.  I love being a Dental Hygienist and I love having the flexibility to do what I love when I want to.


26 WEEKS




Size: Butternut Squash {14" long} (like I've said, I feel like these things are so inaccurate.  I'm sure a butternut squash can come in many shapes and sizes.  I've seen someone who is at 34 weeks say their baby is the size of a butternut squash, so who knows?!)

Gender: Kurt and I are getting everything ready to tell his family! I've had to get a couple things to get everything exactly the way I'd like it.


Baby Names?: Started using the name a little more this week. I'm getting more and more excited to have our little baby and giving our baby a name.  Only 14 more weeks until we get to hold our little one!

Cravings: Fruit! We bought peaches, strawberries, honeycrisp apples and bananas this week and they've tasted so delicious.  I love snacking on fresh fruit.

Aversions: Chicken.  I really just can't stand the thought of cooking it.

Symptoms: My feet have been really swollen, my legs go numb a lot more frequently, and the weight gain has definitely hit.


Movement: I know I've said this before, but that word doesn't even describe how mobile Peanut actually is.  I'm feeling a lot of flips and turns and kicks in places I didn't used to feel kicks, so it makes me think Peanut is moving around a lot.  I'll be honest though, I don't know how I can get any bigger and provide this little baby with more space!

Nausea/Sickness: None! But I still get headaches if I'm dehydrated.  I've done really well with keeping up on my water intake.  I drink almost a gallon of water a day.

Sleep: We've had such a long & busy week that both Kurt and I were exhausted.


Maternity Clothes: Yes yes yes! Probably shouldn't have to answer this question anymore.  Maternity clothes have been a lot more comfortable.  Also, I've bought some clothes recently that aren't maternity clothes, but I bought them a size larger than my prepregnancy size and they seem to fit great.

Wedding Ring On or Off?: Both.  Sometimes I can't get my ring on in the morning, but other times during the day it slips on just fine.  


Best Moment of the Week: Thursday was my favorite day of the week because we went to the temple that morning, I had a job interview that afternoon, then we went to Cafe Rio for dinner, my friend's Dodgeball game for our date night, and then got a Strawberry shake from In N Out afterwards.  I love doing things with Kurt and seeing my friends.  Keeping up with a normal social routine has helped me feel more normal during my pregnancy.


Worst Moment of the Week: I had the worst backaches this week, probably because I worked a lot and I've been out and about more than usual this week.  But if that's the worst thing that happened this week, I think I'm doing pretty well :)

Looking Forward To: Going to Santa Barbara in a few weeks! I am so excited to be going home for a few days to see family & friends.  I love Santa Barbara, family, and friends so it seems like it will be the perfect weekend.


Pictures from Portland, Oregon

Crazy-named & crazy-delicious doughnuts

The COOLEST bookstore EVER.  My mom bought us Peanut's first book here :)

I love my family SO MUCH!

Seeing my family was incredible!  We ate at such tasty restaurants and saw some beautiful things.  My Dad, Mom, Christine & Payton picked me up from the airport on Wednesday and Thursday consisted of beautiful walks, yummy bagels and dinner at Apizza Scholls & dessert at Salt & Straw.  On Friday my parents and I headed up to Tacoma, WA to pick up my sister from completing her first rotation for medical school.  We stopped for dinner and dessert at the Cheesecake Factory.  Christine got me hooked on Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp and I tried their Toasted Marshmallow S'mores Galore Cheesecake (Peanut approved).  Saturday was a day in the city of Portland, stopping at Voodoo Doughnuts for breakfast, walked around Powell's City of Books, food carts for lunch (I went to The Grilled Cheese Grill and got The Gabby + Bacon + Avocado), Multnomah Falls for a bit of sight seeing, Screen Door for dinner (Southern food) and then Salt & Straw for dessert.  I'd say it was a food-packed weekend!  I left on Sunday after my parent's left to drive my older sister back up to Washington.  It was such a wonderful weekend full of food, family, & fun.

During these past few weeks, it's really started to sink in that Kurt & I will be having a baby soon! Peanut's arrival is just over 3 months away.  I feel like there is so much to do in that amount of time, but I feel like June 6th is forever away.
During week 26 I've spent a lot of time working on Peanut's room.  I'm trying to get everything organized as to what we're hanging on the walls, where everything is going to go, how we are rearranging the room, etc.  I've spray painted picture frames, framed pictures and found things to put on the shelves we are going to be mounting on the walls.  My current DIY project is painting a wood crate that will hold all of Peanut's blankets. When we set up the crib and the dresser and start hanging pictures I think things will start to sink in even more that a little baby will be joining our family.
Kurt and I have felt so blessed during this last month.  We've had incredible support from family & friends and The Lord continues to find opportunities to bless us in the ways we need it most.

Can you believe we have less than 100 days until Peanut joins our family?!


No comments :

Post a Comment